Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Grown Up Grilled Cheese

One of my best friends came to visit me and we ate a lovly resturant named The Raven Grill. We all ordered the same grilled cheese that is now called the grown-up grilled cheese at our house.

2 Slices of sourdough bread
2-4 table spoons of Pesto
3 slices of freash mozzarella
1/2 of a Roma tomato
1 table spoon of butter or olive oil

Spread both slices of bread with pesto. If your new to pesto go light. If you know you love it already go to town like I do. It can be kind of strong so use as you see fit. Top with sliced mozzarella and tomatos. I spray the outside of the bread with olive oil , however butter works just as well.
Place in to a cool pan and bring it up to med heat. I find starting in a cold pan help give the cheese more time to melt. Flip when brown and server after both sides have brown. This is a great meal by its help, with a salad, frys and artichokes.

No comments: